Saturday, November 17, 2012

In Sickness and in Health

I know in this digital age it seems silly to not blog for a week but I've been battling a cold this week and haven't felt like typing. Xbox yes, typing, not so much. But being sick is a great subject for a blog in the poly life so, here goes.

Remember those days when your aunt or grandma would come stay with you to help your mom out when she was pregnant or sick? No? It maybe happens more in southern families who are matriarchal. But I grew up believing that is what family did, they lent each other a hand when they were down. When we marry we still hear "in sickness and in health". It's one of those things we all feel comforted by, knowing we are important enough to be cared for when we feel like crap.

Over the last couple of weeks Prof has been battling a high fever. I have not been able to get to him to comfort him. The thing is I know realistically there is nothing I can do to solve the problem and I know he is a man and can take care of himself. (Alright girls no laughing.) I do know that my company would cheer him and a little happiness and laughter go a long way toward getting better. This was hard long distance for me because I was afraid to call for fear of catching him napping, which he needs, but I know he wanted to hear my voice. He called and said so. And apparently not even his local friends looked in on him. Either they were too busy or too afraid of catching something they didn't have sick days for.

The Engineer drove a long way with her husband's permission to look in on him for me which I very much appreciated. Stupid car. I can't wait till we have enough saved up to buy a decent car so I can travel when needed again. As yet we still don't really even know what is wrong with him, he's had a number of diagnosis, a couple runs of antibiotics but still they are guessing. Here's hoping he feels better soon. If you are reading send your happy thoughts and/or nice prayers his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment