Monday, September 24, 2012

Achieving Normality

It's Monday. Prof left for his home today and I was not looking forward to the goodbye. It's often like this, I don't want to leave our pink bubble space. Prof doesn't want to leave but has to get back for work. We have the conversation about being more careful about bubble time and try more for normal behavior. We talk about being with each other more frequently. We talk about living together or at least in the same town. I point out that our arrangement has worked for him for nine years and that I can see why changing would be hard for him. He says he feels like a selfish bastard for not wanting to leave his comfort zone. It's always the same. This time was less rational on my part and I suggested that if he couldn't take watching me cry maybe we should break up. Of course, he says that he won't give me up. We play the goodbye game.

I watch funny videos and do stuff around the house for a few hours and it usually gets better. By the time he is home I feel better. It seems normal to look at him on my computer monitor, it is comforting. I miss him but it hurts less.

I got to give props to Mad Science. Knowing Prof was coming he arranged for much of Saturday to be elsewhere. And was very supportive this evening with the aftermath of bubble time. We talked and had dinner and intend to have some bubble time of our own. Tomorrow, it's back to laundry and groceries and normal life again but the transition day is always hard. Long distance relationships are never easy. I often curse myself for falling in love with someone so far away. But at least he is in-state which is better than Canada. ;)

This video made me laugh today, it might also amuse you.


No comments:

Post a Comment