Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Romance and Finance

Hey everyone, I am back from a week of timeshare wifery and wanted to say hey. Thanks to one of my readers who pointed out the font was hard to read.  The week away was pretty normal (not near so much bubble time which is good and bad I suppose.) I am now officially addicted to Skyrim. Which brings me to today's topic:  Romance and Finance.

In this economy how can one afford to be poly? I mean if you're dating obviously someone is paying for that and in our case it's no different. We are feeling out our options. This last week I discovered that if I pay for gas, contribute to groceries, and pay for going out a couple of times or entertainment I usually run about 200 bux. Fortunately,  Prof is in driving distance. This is lots cheaper than renting a room for the weekend but still sort of more than our winter budget allows for. So we are looking at ways to prioritize and budget for time together without Mad Science having to pay for my timeshare wifery once a month. This is tricky, if I go back to work I will have to have something flexible that pays enough to support my habits.

For now we have agreed to not do one week a month until finances get more liquid for Prof and I. This was an issue that sort of snuck up on me and until we tried a week of wifery I had no idea how it would play. In the interest of fairness if Prof drives I pay and vice/versa but is it right to ask Mad Science to give me "go away" money?

I don't know what the solution to this will look like just yet but I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. I can see how this would be a touchy subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment we are working on ideas, brainstorming possible experimental theories. any suggestions or ideas would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete